San Francisco, CA. – March 28, 2007
THOUGHT Inc. ®, The Dynamic O/R Mapping™ (ORM) Company announces that CocoBase® Pure POJO™ V5 has been determined to be the
“Best Choice ORM Tool For Building Enterprise Applications”
since it uniquely delivers the full range of simple to complex POJO and JPA Persistence functionality. This is attributed to the patented CocoBase® Dynamic Mapping Layer™ architecture which was designed from the beginning to easily handle the challenging complexities of corporate systems. Most ORM tools only support “desktop simple” and “workgroup moderate” level functionality with limited support at the “internal enterprise” level of functionality and essentially no coverage for the advanced “external enterprise” level. The wide and complete coverage of CocoBase® helps to insure the success of customers building applications at the enterprise level.
The analysis report, that is now available from the website, is very helpful to companies as they attempt to choose an ORM tool for their corporate development. The risks and potential cost overruns from choosing an inadequate ORM tool can be unacceptable. The most common problems seen is dealing with ORM feature limitations which requires the development team to attempt to modify their application architecture if possible. And if not, then to try to create a work-around or actually try to add the feature to the ORM tool which can be very time consuming if it is even possible, or allowable due to patent restrictions.
CocoBase® provides a powerful yet simple to use patented Dynamic Mapping Layer™ architecture for persisting POJOs and in enterprise applications. This approach decouples POJOs from the database representation (i.e. tables, fields, etc.). This database information is then stored in a dynamic and highly flexible CocoBase map in a repository outside of the application.
This Dynamic Mapping Layer™ architecture removes database specific code and predefined SQL from the POJO and instead, relies on user defined database maps to generate application specific SQL and JDBC code at runtime. SQL instructions are by default dynamically created and bound to object fields at runtime based on the mapping definitions. CocoBase® also allows developers to pre-compile, tune and map such SQL instructions to and from object fields at design time as well, independently from the application code, for each of the CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) database operations.
Key Architectural Benefits:
1) Extremely powerful persistence architecture based on the Dynamic Mapping Layer approach that uniquely supports the full range of EJB 3.0 and POJO persistence requirements from simple to the most advanced as no other ORM tool is able to do.
2) Extreme ease of use and high productivity with all new CocoBase version 5.0 GUI’s; including the Mapping WorkBench and Magic Mapper that intelligently auto-maps the tables, fields and objects together for the developer. No other ORM tool has such a complete GUI toolset for its’ development. The GUI’s give the developer a simple step by step approach for dealing with even the most complex persistence requirements while at the same time making available hooks into the tooling that allows total access to all functionality with the ability to modify it.
3) Extreme high performance (can be up to 3 times faster than JDBC) with extensive methods for additional performance enhancement including caching.
4) Extreme high volume scalability with unique linear performance characteristics that is designed to handle applications with a large degree of transactions and users typically found in enterprise-level applications.
5) Full breadth of querying solutions including EJBQL (a pure Object-Centric Querying syntax), high level CocoBase® Query API that looks very similar to SQL, low level CocoBase® Query API, standard CocoBase® Query by Example which queries instances instead of object models.
6) Architectural extensibility that supports integrations with Eclipse IDE, Spring Application Framework, Application Servers, Relational Databases, UML Object Modeling tools, etc.
For a free download of CocoBase® PURE POJO™ please proceed to www.thoughtinc.com.
Greg Baker, Director of Sales and Marketing, Thought Inc.®, at (415) 836-9199.
About CocoBase® PURE POJO™
CocoBase® PURE POJO™, Dynamic POJO Persistence optimized for J2EE and J2SE customer success is the top solution for solving the Object to Relational impedance mismatch. As the mature technological leader in the industry available to customers since early 1997 and in its’ fifth major release, CocoBase® PURE POJO™ has earned a solid reputation for delivering success. CocoBase® PURE POJO™ virtually eliminates the need to hand-code database access for POJO Persistence, EJB, Java Applications, etc. This directly decreases up to 85% of the cost of database access development for enterprise customers needing to persist data in company applications. CocoBase® PURE POJO™ is essentially FREE! For every dollar spent on CocoBase® there is up to $3 in project savings for an astounding ROI of 300%. This is better than free and includes a powerful simple to use technology for persisting data with highly responsive technical support, training and mentoring.
About THOUGHT Inc.®
THOUGHT Inc.®, the Dynamic O/R Mapping™ Company, architects of CocoBase® Enterprise O/R, was formed in 1993, and subsequently revolutionized Object to Relational Mapping technology with landmark solutions and industry leadership. THOUGHT Inc.'s® global sales include customers in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and India. More information on THOUGHT Inc. ® can be obtained online at WWW.THOUGHTINC.COM or by calling, (415) 836-9199.
This document is copyrighted and owned solely by THOUGHT Inc.® 2006. CocoBase® and THOUGHT Inc.® are registered trademarks of THOUGHT Inc.®. PURE POJO™, Dynamic O/R Mapping™, Dynamic Object to Relational Mapping™, Dynamic Universal Querying™ and Dynamic Transparent Persistence™ are pending trademarks of THOUGHT Inc.®. CocoBase® technology is based on US patent #5857197 as well as additional pending patents directed to object navigation, object modeling, querying, caching, etc. All other trademarks are property of their respective company. This publication is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, to also include any and all technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.